Hi Mark,

SWORD leaves versioning possible, but not specifically defined, as I
understand it.

Connexions is a versioning repository and we are implementing a SWORD V2
service. We are using a POST to the Col-IRI with dcterms:isVersionOf set to
a repository item that you want to create a new version of.

"To create a new version of published content, the client issues a POST to a
Col-IRI with an Atom Entry that contains “isVersionOf" with the URL of
published content that this should be a new version of. The OERPub (SWORD
v2) service SHOULD populate the new version with the contents of the parent
version."

We are electing to do things in a couple of steps:

   1. Create a new version from the old version (POST to Col-IRI) -- and it
   ends up in an editing environment.
   2. Retrieve the contents (GET to EM-IRI) and edit them.
   3. PUT the new version.

Kathi

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 11:37 AM, Mark Diggory <mdigg...@atmire.com> wrote:

> Hi Stuart,
>
> Great work!  I'm coming in pretty late in the game, but want to review
> swordv2 for our own uses as early as possible.
>
> I'd like to understand better the versioning functionality.  I'm
> looking at the work done on the swordv2 DSpace implementation and
> trying to determine how compatible it will be with DSpace Item
> Versioning prototypes we have going with NESCent.
>
> Can anyone point me at a specification for versioning in v2?
>
> Mark
>
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 12:46 AM, Stuart Lewis <stu...@stuartlewis.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > It has been a little while since we've had any activity on this list - so
> I thought I'd send a quick update.  The implementations (DSpace / EPrints /
> Fedora / Ruby / PHP / Java / Python) have all progressed well.  One of the
> things Richard hopes to do in the next week or so is to help us decide if
> the SWORD v2 specification as it stands is now ready to be 'released' or
> not.
> >
> > We knew this decision would require some implementations in order to test
> some of the decisions that this group had made.  Kathi Fletcher, a
> Shuttleworth Fellow (
> http://www.shuttleworthfoundation.org/fellows/kathi-fletcher/) has been
> working with the Connexions OER repository (cnx.org) to look at using
> SWORD v2 as a the basis or an OER deposit interface.  She has therefore been
> working deeply with the specification for the past couple of months, meaning
> she has a lot of useful experience in working with it.  We have therefore
> added her into this group so that we can learn from her experiences.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> > Stuart

> --
> Mark R. Diggory
> @mire - www.atmire.com
> 2888 Loker Avenue East - Suite 305 - Carlsbad - CA - 92010
> Esperantolaan 4 - Heverlee 3001 - Belgium

Katherine Fletcher, kathi.fletc...@gmail.com
<kathi.fletc...@gmail.com>
Twitter: kefletcher <http://www.twitter.com/kefletcher> Blog:
kefletcher.blogspot.com