On 02/04/2014 06:27 PM, Kahunapule Michael Johnson wrote:
On 02/03/2014 12:19 PM, DM Smith wrote:
As to numbering, I just know how the v11n work in SWORD and JSword. They assume
that chapters start at 1 and verses start at one.

Somebody is going to have to do some number translation, then. My printed copy of the KJV
Apocrypha has "The Rest of the Chapters of the Book of Esther" starting at
chapter 10, verse 4. This actually makes sense, since up to that point, the Greek and
Hebrew versions of Esther are essentially the same. Ecclesiasticus starts with a prologue
(chapter 0?) before Chapter 1 that is part of the actual text.

Our KJVA versification definition has the following for the Additions to Esther:

  // Additions to Esther
  1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 13,
  12, 6, 18, 19, 16, 24,

So the first 9 chapters have one verse (which should be left blank--zero verses is unfortunately not possible), and the remaining 7 chapters have as many verses as the greatest numbered verse in the chapter.

--Chris