On 3/5/2014 6:49 AM, Matej Cepl wrote:
On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 04:17:24AM -0800, Chris Little wrote:
If you intend to use Wikisource as a source text, use the underlying
Wiki document and write a script to pull a fresh copy from Wikisource
so that changes to the Wikisource copy can be easily integrated into
updates. If you'd like an example Python script that downloads
documents from Wikisource and generates an OSIS document, I can send
you one.

Could I ask for it, please? Is it available somewhere? URL? Thank you
very much.

Blessings,

Matěj

I placed a sample script at https://crosswire.org/svn/sword-tools/trunk/modules/wikisource/wycliffe.py.

This will download the current version of Wikisource's Wycliffe translation from https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Bible_(Wycliffe) and convert it to USFM, writing each book as it downloads. I wrote this for someone who uses USFM, so it writes USFM, but it would be fairly easy to make it convert to OSIS instead. (Or simply use usfm2osis.py to convert the resulting USFM to OSIS.)

--Chris