Thanks Greg,

After downloading both 1.8.1 releases again, I tried the x64 utilities and got
this error message after entering
utils64\diatheke /?

[Screenshot 2018-02-12 15.28.13.png]

NB. I also tried your x32 utilities and got the same error message. i.e. After
entering
utils32\diatheke /?

As you might gather, I first created a symbolic link for each suite.

FYI. My Xiphos path contains the attached list of dll files.
This might assist you to review which further library files might still be
required.

Best regards,

David