Just as additional information:

Deployments via TestFlight are equal to deployments via the Apple App Store.
Whereas AdHoc builds are not.

I had several cases where AdHoc builds worked but when downloaded from the
Store the app would crash.
When apps are downloaded via the App store Apple actually pushes optimized
binaries to your device.
This technique is called „App Thinning“.
Sometimes it can happen that this process strips something away which is
required and makes the app crash.
To avoid that iOS apps should be tested using TestFlight.

Manfred