From memory, SWORD uses SimpleAnalyzer. This analyzer works well for Western
European languages. It won’t for non-latinate texts. It may work in part.

The basic rule of thumb is that both the index has to be created with an
analyzer and the search request has to be analyzed the same.

PocketSword uses externally created indexes which need to be downloaded to
work. It uses the SWORD library for creation and for searching.

In Him,
        DM