I think the lack of response is as there is no sensible way of responding.

The whole construct of abbreviations (irrespective of languages) is uniderectional (Abbr->Book name). The same applies to English. What you mix up here is that a particular subset of English abbreviations is also the set of OSIS identifiers.

Peter

Gesendet: Freitag, 15. Mai 2020 um 18:03 Uhr
Von: "Tobias Klein" <cont...@tklein.info>
An: "SWORD Developers' Collaboration Forum" <sword-devel@crosswire.org>
Betreff: Re: [sword-devel] How to get translated book abbreviations with LocaleMgr?
Hi,

Any feedback regarding this question?
I would appreciate it!

Best regards,
Tobias

Am 10.05.2020 um 12:45 schrieb Tobias Klein <cont...@tklein.info>:

Hi,

how can I use the LocaleMgr to get a translated book abbreviation?

For some reason this code did not work for me:

sword::SWLocale* locale = this->_localeMgr->getLocale(localeCode);
std::string translatedAbbreviation = std::string(locale->translate(bookTerm));

I was using "de" as a locale and "Gen" as the term to be translated, but I did not get the german variant of "Gen", but rather the exact same term "Gen" as a result.

Best regards,
Tobias