We should also decide on a format for file/module header comments. I
would like to suggest:

"""
FileName.py : a description of what the code in this file does

This software is licensed as described in the file COPYING, which
you should have received as part of this distribution.  The terms
are also available at http://projectsycamore.org/license.
If newer versions of this license are posted there, you may use a
newer version instead, at your option.

This software consists of voluntary contributions made by many
individuals.  For exact contribution history, see http://
www.projectsycamore.org/Contributors

"""

This is borrowed from the Subversion who have done a great job of
building a development support system (We should probably borrow a
few more things from them).

Would it be wise to keep a revision log in the individual files as well?

AD