On "managing developers" -- that's kinda what I mean.  Me and everyone
else involved is volunteering time, so being told what to do doesn't
make any sense (that's what I think of when I think of "managing").
Perhaps my use of the word overzealous was overzealous.

Letting people know what you're working on or what you're interested
in working on is a good idea and I definitely agree with what RC said.

--Philip