That looks nice and simple.

Give it a shot then, worst case, we turn it off in a week or two.
I can't seem to find how to do it using the dump file, and I failed at
using git-svn to pull from the live svn to my machine, but I think the
answer is somewhere in there.

Guide for people used to svn http://git.or.cz/course/svn.html

Alex