Having trouble viewing this email?   View an online version
http://hps.createsend1.com/t/r/e/tkuhjjl/xdrwyuty/b/                    HISTORY
&

PHILOSOPHY

OF SCIENCE

Dear HP

The Unit for History and Philosophy of Science would like to
invite you to attend a presentation of research currently being
undertaken within the unit.

Agenda:

1.00 Alex Rosser TBA

1.25 Sue Hobley. " John Evelyn: An Exemplar of an Early 'Modern'
Scientist"

1.50 Samantha Killmore:  TBA

2.10 BREAK

2.30: Michael English: "The epistemology of science, intelligence
& markets."

3.00: Anson Fehross: "Types, Tokens and Perpetual Motion:
Artefactual Metaphysics and Non-Existent Things."

3.30: Kevin Keith: "The Scientific Reception of Attachment Theory
: An Evolving Story".

4.00: Megan Baumhammer TBA

4.20 BREAK

4.45

Keynote;

Sr. Mary Sarah Galbraith (Sydney): 'Utiles et Necessarias':
Early Modern Science and the Jesuit Campaign for Credibility

WHEN: FRIDAY OCTOBER 28TH  1PM TO 5PM

WHERE: THE SCIENCE MEETING ROOM 450, CARSLAW BUILDING CAMPERDOWN
CAMPUS.

HPS WEBSITE [http://sydney.edu.au/science/hps/]     SCIENCE NEWS
[http://www.usyd.edu.au/news/science/]     EMAIL US
[mailto:hps.ad...@sydney.edu.au]      FORWARD TO A FRIEND
http://hps.forwardtomyfriend.com/r/xdrwyuty/918A8176/tkuhjjl/l/n
[http://style=]                            To
make sure you continue to see our emails in the future, please
add  [hps.ad...@sydney.edu.au]
[mailto:science.fo...@sydney.edu.au] to your address book or safe
senders list

Disclaimer [http://sydney.edu.au/disclaimer.shtml] |  Privacy