This is the final call for registration for the CAVE Workshop on mental health
and agency. To register to attend, please contact Kelly at arts.c...@mq.edu.au
[by Saturday 24 Feb]. All welcome!
Mental Health and Agency
Date: Wednesday 28 February - Thursday 1 March 2018
Time: Wednesday 13:00 - 17:25; Thursday 09:20 - 13:20
Venue: Dunmore Lang College Seminar Room, 130-134 Herring Rd, Macquarie
University [W22 on campus
This workshop aims at exploring the interrelation between mental health and
agency in psychopathological populations (e.g., autism or schizophrenia) with
respect to (i) cognition, (ii) therapy, and (iii) moral implications. It is
connected to Dr. Anika Fiebich’s visit whose aim is to evaluate and develop
aspects of her current project “Mental Illness and Cooperation” in Milan,
particularly with respect to (failures) of moral commitments.
Wednesday 28 February
13:00 - 13:20 : Registration
13:20 - 13:30 : Welcome
Session 1: Cognition
* 13:30 - 14:20 : Dominic Murphy (University of Sydney), "Delusions Across
* 14:25 - 15:15 : Anike Fiebich (University of Milan), "Pluralism, social
cognition and interaction in autism"
15:15 - 15:40 : Coffee Break
Session 2: Therapy
* 15:40 - 16:30 : Daniel Hutto (University of Wollongong), "How narratives
matter to mental health"
* 16:35 - 17:25 : Shaun Gallagher (University of Memphis), "DBS, OCD, the
4Es and the 4As"
19:15 : Conference Dinner
Thursday 1 March
Session 3: Moral Implications
* 09:20 - 10:10 : Anne Schwenkenbecher (University of Perth), "Do group
agents resemble psychopaths and if so, what does that mean for moral
* 10:10 - 11:05 : Neil Sinhababu (University of Singapore), "Emotional
perception and blameworthy psychopaths"
11: 10 - 11:30 : Coffee Break
* 11:30 - 12:20 : Daphne Brandenburg (Macquarie/Radboud), "A case study of
* 12:25 - 13:15 : Jeanette Kennett (Macquarie University), "Moral security,
mental agency, and mental health"
13:20 : Conference Close
Professor Jeanette Kennett FAHA
Head of Department of Philosophy
Deputy Director: Centre for Agency Values and Ethics
Department of Philosophy
Faculty of Arts
Level 2, The Australian Hearing Hub
16 University Avenue
MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY, NSW 2109
tel:+61 2 98501047<tel:%2B61%202%2098501047>
Team Leader: Australian Neurolaw Database Project
SydPhil mailing list
To unsubscribe, change your membership options, find answers to common
problems, or visit our online archives, please go to the list information page: