CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
CEPE 2023: Human-AI Interaction and the Future: Values, Responsibilities, and
Freedoms
Conference: 16-18 May 2023
Location: Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, US

Extended Abstracts due: November 15, 2022
Please submit all abstracts via
EasyChair<https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cepe2023>.

CEPE (Computer Ethics—Philosophical Enquiry) is a leading international
conference. It has played a significant role in defining the field since its
first event in 1997. CEPE is held biennially and is organized by
INSEIT<https://inseit.eu> (the International Society for Ethics and Information
Technology). For CEPE 2023, the conference theme will be on ethics, values, and
freedoms, especially as they are expressed in human-AI interactions.
We invite submissions of extended abstracts for individual papers and proposals
for symposia. Submissions on any topic on digital technologies are welcome,
but, in keeping with the conference theme, we specifically encourage
submissions on:

  *   AI and social media
  *   AI Ethics
  *   AI in the military and warfare
  *   Algorithmic bias
  *   Cyberharassment
  *   Cybersecurity and warfare
  *   Democracy and political implications of AI use
  *   Ethical and equity impacts of cybersecurity resulting from a lack of
security
  *   Ethical aspects of human-robot interaction
  *   Ethics of AI applications in medicine, education, transportation, and
other fields
  *   Information access and search engines and other related topics.
  *    Privacy and user rights
  *    Technology access and justice
  *   Unintentional ethical and equity impacts of cybersecurity stemming from
strong security implementations
  *   User-centered design and user experience
  *   and other topics related to risk, cybersecurity, securitization, internet
studies, and the internet of things.

Keynote Speakers:

  *   Philip Brey<https://people.utwente.nl/p.a.e.brey>, Professor of
Philosophy, Twente University
  *   Helen Nissenbaum<https://nissenbaum.tech.cornell.edu>, Director, Digital
Life Initiative, Cornell University

Organizers: The conference is co-hosted by the Center for the Study of Ethics
in the Professions<https://ethics.iit.edu> and the Center for Cyber Security
and Forensics Education<https://c2safe.iit.edu>. CEPE is a leading
international conference that has played a significant role in defining the
field, and is held biennially. It is organized by INSEIT<https://inseit.eu/> in
collaboration with the Ionian University Research Team, IHRC<https://ihrc.gr>
(Information: History, Regulation, and Culture).

Submission:
Extended abstracts and proposals for symposia shall be submitted via Easychair
by November 16, 2022.<https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cepe2023>
Individual Papers:
Submissions should be prepared for blind review; please provide an extended
abstract of 1000-1500 words; and provide a short abstract of 150-200 words
suitable for inclusion in the conference program.
Symposia/Panels:
Proposals should indicate the title of the proposed symposium, a description of
the topic (500-800 words); the list of participants, and the number of slots
required. A regular time slot for a symposium session is typically 90 minutes.
In exceptional cases, two slots may be available for a symposium.
Full Papers:
Upon acceptance of the extended abstracts, full papers of 5,000-7,000 words are
invited for submission (and for inclusion in the conference proceedings). Note
that the submission of full papers is not mandatory, but it is required if you
would like to have it considered for publication in one of the relevant
journals.
We plan to publish the conference proceedings in the ACM International
Conference Proceeding Series<https://www.acm.org/publications/icps> (ICPS).

Important Dates:
Extended abstracts and symposia proposals due: November 15, 2022.
Reviews due: January 31, 2023
Paper and symposia acceptance/rejection: February 5, 2023
Final full paper due: April 1, 2023
Conference: May 16-18, 2023

For attendees interested in also attending the IEEE-Ethics
2023<https://attend.ieee.org/ethics-2023/#:~:text=IEEE ETHICS-2023 will draw,a
global and multicultural manner.> conference to be held in Purdue, IN, on May
18-20th, 2023, we are looking into providing a chartered bus for individuals
attending both events.
Information about past CEPE conferences is available
here<https://inseit.eu/conferences/4>.

With all good wishes,

Jason Branford

Board Member
International Society for Ethics and Information Technology (INSEIT)
jason.branf...@uni-hamburg.de<mailto:jason.branf...@uni-hamburg.de>

---------
SydPhil mailing list

To unsubscribe, change your membership options, find answers to common
problems, or visit our online archives, please go to the list information page: