Hey guys, I've started noticing a sevre performance hit in my admin
edit pages where manyToMany class is used. On my sfGuardUser edit page
it takes almost 6000ms to load even AFTER caching.

I've tracked it down to the sfPropelManyToMany::getRelatedClass
function, and more specifically this chunk of code...

// we must load all map builder classes
    $classes =
sfFinder::type('file')->name('*MapBuilder.php')->in(sfLoader::getModelDirs());
    foreach ($classes as $class)
    {
      $class_map_builder = basename($class, '.php');
      $map = new $class_map_builder();
      $map->doBuild();
    }

It seems everytime this function is called, regardless of cache it
rebuilds the entire DB map. While I think this wasn't a big deal when
you just have sfGuardPlugin installed, when you get to a state like I
am, with 36 tables, it's a significant performance hit everytime, let
alone if you have two or three manytomany calls in the same edit page.

My question is, why is this needed? I commented out that chunk, cleared
my cache and everything still works but my page load time dropped to
400ms!!!