On 02/06/07 Francois Zaninotto wrote:
> As far as I understand, you'd like the JavaScript helpers to output
> just Prototype/script.aculo.us calls... Then why not write the
> Prototype/script.aculo.us calls directly?

Consistancy mostly.  Your argument could be made against the existance
of these helper entirly.

These helpers make your code look a little nicer too with how they
handle doing the url_for too; but that's reasonably trivial.

These functions are there to help abstract you from the javascript and
make things easier - I don't see any reason not to make the chance, IMO
the current implementation of them is rather limited.

--
Ian P. Christian ~ http://pookey.co.uk