Fabien POTENCIER wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>
> As the form framework is new, some comments:
>
> Don't override the bind() method like this. One of the property of the
> new framework is a very clear separation between 3 layers:

I am doing that in my action - but the main issue is that unless I bind
the CSRF field manually, it will error. IMO, that logic should not be in
the action - that's why I've moved it to my bind method like that (which
might also be wrong - but it seems less wrong ;) )

 > As far as internationalization is concerned, the best way to handle it
 > is in the view. You won't be able to just use echo $form, but it's
 > pretty simple to handle. See this slide for some examples:

http://www.aide-de-camp.org/talk/7/international-php-conference-2007?position=77

Doing this kinda ruins part of the 'fun' in the new form handling.  It's
really nice that I can just add a bit of code in my form code, and have
the template 'magically' show this new field.  If I do as suggested
there,  I have to go back to writing lots of HTML again.

I've notice there's some Decorator classes in amongst the form stuff,
although I don't yet know what it's for - maybe some code can be written
to handle this...

i18n is handles so well in other parts of the framework, it would be a
shame to see it almost forgotten in this respect...

I'm happy enough to put my i18n logic in my form itself like I have -
but that's not strictly the right place for it.  It's preferable then
having to maintain HTML templates for my forms at the moment though

--

Ian P. Christian ~ http://pookey.co.uk