On 08.04.2013 06:48, Mike Haas wrote:
> I of course meant JsonResponse when I mentioned JsonResult ;)
>
> On Sunday, April 7, 2013 11:45:50 PM UTC-5, Mike Haas wrote:
>
>     I'm thinking JsonResponse should also accept a string of already
>     serialized JSON and not just a PHP array.
>
>     I'm using JMSSerializerBundle to serialize my doctrine query object
>     into json. I then want the response to be that json.
>     I like using JsonResult because it's clean and I don't have to set
>     the content type. However, because it doesn't accept raw json
>     I have to use a regular Response and set the content type manually.
>
>     Are there any design decisions that suggest this is a bad idea?
>     Otherwise I was thinking about submitting a PR.

The problem is that you'd need a new argument to specify you're passing
json data already. Otherwise we can't distinguish a string from a json
string.

You can always do:

    return JsonResponse::create('')->setContent($encodedString);

Cheers

--
Jordi Boggiano
@seldaek - http://nelm.io/jordi

If you want to report a vulnerability issue on Symfony, please read the
procedure on http://symfony.com/security

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/symfony-devs?hl=en
---