$ more lib/form/myFormatter.class.php
<?php
Abstract class myFormatter extends sfWidgetForm
{
  static public function radioTableFormatter ($widgets, $inputs)
  {
    $rows = array();
    foreach ($inputs as $input) {
      $rows[] = $widgets->renderContentTag('td', $input['input']);
    }
    return $widgets->renderContentTag('span', implode($widgets-
>getOption('separator'), $rows), array('class' => $widgets-
>getOption('class')))
;
  }

  static public function radioTableNumberFormatter ($widgets, $inputs)
  {
    $rows = array();
    foreach ($inputs as $input) {
      $str = $input['label'] . "<br>" . $input['input'] ;
      $rows[] = $widgets->renderContentTag('td', $str);
    }

    return $widgets->renderContentTag('a', implode($widgets-
>getOption('separator'), $rows), array('class' => $widgets-
>getOption('class')));
  }

}

in my lib/form/....
class NARCForm extends BaseNARCForm
{
  public function configure()
  {
    unset($this['id'],$this['survey_id'],$this['start'],$this['end']);

    $this->widgetSchema['narc_0100'] = new sfWidgetFormSelectRadio
      (array('choices' =>  NARCPeer::$episode, 'formatter' =>
array('myFormatter','radioTableFormatter'),));

Fro your checkboxes you may have to json_encode and decode the values
from the widgets to help with reload and saving. Not sure why the
radio buttons aren't working.

security at symfony-project.com