well i do:

inside the controller:
$this->hasLayout(false);

inside the view:

<?php echo json_encode($my_json_content_variable)?>

Alecs

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 2:51 PM, Paul Burdon <p...@clearintent.co.uk> wrote:
> Thanks for all input everyone.
>
> Finally got it working, had to mess around with the javascript aswell and
> that is always tricky for someone who really has never gone very far with
> it.
>
> Anyway, it looks and works great, who would have thought that old dirty
> javascript would turn out to be such a useful thing :-)
>

> On 21 April 2010 07:58, Gareth McCumskey <gmccums...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Its not javascript code its just a JSON encoded string.
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 8:22 AM, Massimiliano Arione <garak...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > I don't think your approach is fully correct.
>> > You should never mix javascript and php code.
>> > You should write php (and so html) as if javascript wouldn't exist.
>> > Then, in a second step, add user interface enhancement with pure
>> > javascript files.
>> > It's a matter of separation of concerns: html (php) for structure, css
>> > for presentation, javascript for behavior
>> >
>> > cheers
>> > Massimiliano
>> >
>> > --
>> > If you want to report a vulnerability issue on symfony, please send it
>> > to security at symfony-project.com

>> > http://groups.google.com/group/symfony-users?hl=en
>> >

>> --
>> Gareth McCumskey
>> http://garethmccumskey.blogspot.com
>> twitter: @garethmcc
>>
>> --
>> If you want to report a vulnerability issue on symfony, please send it to
>> security at symfony-project.com

>> http://groups.google.com/group/symfony-users?hl=en

Have a nice day!

Alecs
Certified ScrumMaster

There are no cannibals alive! I have ate the last one yesterday ...
I am on web:  http://www.alecslupu.ro/
I am on twitter: http://twitter.com/alecslupu
I am on linkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/alecslupu
Tel: (+4)0722 621 280