I'm struggling a bit to get my linux file permissions setup in a
manner where I can both use the CLI (app/console) and avoid issues
with apache not being able to access files.

The most often occuring problem is (ofcourse) the cache directory;

If I do `app/console cache:clear` WITHOUTH `--no-warmup` the cache
will be warmed up through my current user (ruben or root or whatever
you would be logged in with to the shell).
The result will be that apache (running as www-data on my ubuntu
machine won't have access to the cache files and errors).

If I do `app/console cache:clear` WITH `--no-warmup` the cache will
not be warmed up (asuming I don't execute anything else afterwards)
and the first hit through apache will start filling up the cache/
The result will be that the webapp runs fine (the cache is owned by
www-data), how ever none of the CLI commands can now access those
files and I end up having to change the rights on the files to be able
to do anything.

Now I wrapped some commands in bash files with a sudo -u www-data to
ease up things for me, but I don't feel like it's a good solution at
all.

The main problem is that the files created (through CLI or apache) are
always -rw-r--r-- so playing around with the groups will never get me
anywhere. If group write access would be given to the files then I
could easily set things up so that I can work both through CLI and
through apache, which is a must when developing apps.

The weird thing is, I can't imagine other ppl not having this problem,
yet it's hard to find anything about it (mostly because the keywords
either result in ppl having (stupid) issues with the access rights or
in questions about ACL).

Anyone can shine a pretty light on this :) ?

security at symfony-project.com