On Friday, June 10, 2011 4:22:35 PM UTC, theinterned wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am wondering how you all are managing permissions on your symfony 2
> projects.
>
> I seem to be constantly wrestling with permissions as I generate files
> in app/cache form the command line (as my user) and from the apache
> web server (as the apache user). Both of these users are generating
> files and folders in app cache and the permissions are constantly
> colliding. I find myself constantly doing this dance:
>
> rm -rf app/cache
> mkdir app/cache
> chmod -R +w app/cache
>
> I have tried the cache:clear console command, but this just runs into
> the same permission issues.
>
> Just curious what other are doing about this?

On Linux I use acl.

You can use `setfacl -m default:group:www-data:rwX app/cache` to let that
group edit the newly created files on that dir (so delete all the older ones
manually).

Then `setfacl -m default:user:username:rwX app/cache` to let your user edit
the files as well.

To activate acl you need to add it to the drive's mount options.

security at symfony-project.com