I've created a small demobundle with the case, since that's a lot
easier then pasting a lot of code in here:
https://github.com/rubensayshi/DemoBundle

The bundle has two entities (DemoUser and DemoComment) which are
linked by a oneToMany relation which has the `casecard ["persist"]`
set on the one side (User)

on the addComments function in DemoUser I added a line with `$comments-
>setAuthor($this);`

This works line a charm when doing the following;
--------------
$user = new DemoUser();
$comment = new DemoComment();

$user->addComments($comment);

$em->persist($user);
$em->flush();

But when using a Form which does these things the addComments function
is never called! yet there are comments set in the $comments of
DemoUser!

It seems like the Form sets the $comments in some other way then
addComments?

security at symfony-project.com