In beta5 that problem I described is now solved, but there's another
one:
when preUpload() gets called, the field 'file' is not filled in
(reference: http://symfony.com/doc/current/cookbook/doctrine/file_uploads.html)
so I have no way to call  'file->guessExtension()'. Any idea??

 -- btw I am testing using (persisted) collections of file objects --

security at symfony-project.com