The dot and cross products are implemented at the lowest level in
UnitVector, and the Vector class simply calls these methods on all of
the UnitVector objects that comprise it when these methods are called
on a Vector class.

dot and cross functions are provided as convenience wrapper functions
around the class methods, so the user can choose to use whichever
approach is more natural to them.

~Luke

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 11:02 AM, Vinzent Steinberg
<vinzent.steinb...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 10 Mai, 03:30, Ronan Lamy <ronan.l...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Please, try to make the interface dot(v1, v2), and not v1.dot(v2).
>
> While I agree that it looks cleaner for the simple case, I would
> prefer
>
>    v1.dot(v2).dot(v3)
>
> over
>
>    dot(dot(v1, v2), v3)
>
> For the dot product it does of course not make sense to multiply three
> vectors in a row, but I think we should keep this in mind in general
> for user defined operations.
>
> Vinzent

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little

-- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759