I don't know if any of the developers are aware of this (it's not mentioned
on this mailing list), but it looks like someone's made an Android app
using SymPy:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.vertinode.mathstep
(developer says it uses SymPy at https://www.vertinode.nl/projects)

The visual design of the app is really nice. It also gives "hints" on how
to perform operations like differentiation, though it seems to only be able
to give one step (and for sin(x) it says to use the chain rule?). It's
limited compared to Gamma, but has a nice keyboard and is very smooth.
Unfortunately it uses a server to perform actual computations. None of it
seems to be open-source, either. I'm not sure what it uses for math
rendering either.