A Python interpreter can definitely be run in a native Android app. See
SL4A<https://github.com/damonkohler/sl4a>,
for instance; I believe the project even has code to include in an app that
will set up a Python interpreter for use. There are some other
(closed-source?) apps floating around that run SymPy on Android using this
approach.

If the Android "app" is to be web-based, how would it differ from the SymPy
Live mobile website?

David