Hi,

I am Zamrath Nizam; a third year undergraduate; from Department of
Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering in University of Moratuwa, Sri
Lanka <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Moratuwa>. I am certainly
delighted to work with SymPy as part of GSoC project in this summer. I have
been looking for the mail list and 'Project Ideas' page last few days to
grab an idea to work with and found out the project related to Groebner
bases.

I have few questions on this project. Could you please help me on this
regard.

1. As the 'Project Ideas' page states, could I have the *current progress*of
this project.
          I went through the current source and realized only 'Buchberger'
and 'f5b' algorithms are implemented. As the Idea page suggests, efficient
algorithms like FGLM (a conversion algorithm) as well as faugere f4 (with
f5) are to be implemented. right?

2. In algorithm point of view, what is the basic idea behind *'Sugar' *
method?
         As I understood, it is an algorithm in which the efficient method
is selected in order to compute the Groebner basis from already implemented
methods and the methods being added meantime. Can I found any *counterpart*for
this as 'Project Idea' page hints to ODE module for Solvers?

3. In addition to Mathematics (particularly Calculus) and Python, what are
the other *main* domain bases which I should have thrived with?

Thank you.

Regards,
Zamrath Nizam