Hello,

It's been 20 years since I did any calculus, so please be gentle. :)

Using SymPy 0.7.2 and IronPython 2.7.4.

import sympy
from sympy import *

# calculate arc length
x = symbol('x')
d = diff(2 * pow(x, 2), x)
print d
length = integrate(sqrt(1 + pow(d, 2)), (x, 5, 10))
print length

This outputs '4*x' as expected then 'zip() argument after * must be a
sequence, not dictionary-itemiterator'.

I believe the integration is solvable to 75.173 [1], so I assume I have an
error in my Python and/or SymPy syntax. Can anyone please give me some
pointers? Thanks!

[1]
http://www.integral-calculator.com/#expr=sqrt%281%2B%284x%5E2%29%29&ubound=10&lbound=5

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/dfee71bf-d071-44a8-8772-f8d8f75ae855%40googlegroups.com.