Am 03.07.2015 um 14:48 schrieb Robert Pollak:
Hello,

I have got a newbie question: Does SymPy provide a way to deal with numbers
in different numeral systems and e.g. to convert them between different
systems? Or do I have to tell my students that they have to program this by
theirselves :) ?

That's representation, which usually isn't considered a part of symbolic math. So no, SymPy does not offer routines for that. A short internet search showed me that Gmpy should have them, so I suggest looking there. Also, SymPy will use Gmpy if installed AFAIK, so this should work well for your use case.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/5596C9CB.8010008%40durchholz.org.