Hello,
I represent a group of 6 students from the maths school (FME) of the
Universitat Polit├Ęcnica de Catalunya.
In one of our courses we have been assigned to the task of implementing
QEPCAD in python using sympy. Our goal is to develop a module that can be
merged into sympy.

We have just started, so our knowledge of QEPCAD and sympy is limited, but
we expect to success in our goal by the end of the semester. We would
really appreciate some help to get started.

   - We have seen that QEPCAD was in a GSOC proposal. AFAIK, the proposal
   was not accepted or the project didn't get finished. Is there something
   more about it we should know? Maybe some work is already done?
   - We have read that sympy supports python 2 and 3. How does this affect
   the development process?
   - How does QEPCAD fit into the existing modules ecosystem? Should our
   work go into its own module or inside an already existing one?
   - What's the merging policy for a new module? One monolithic PR with
   functional code? Or several small PR that might not be usable yet?
   - Any further help or comments are also welcome :)

Best regards, Ferran.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/2a351f04-26bf-405a-a8bc-76eb6025f5eb%40googlegroups.com.