I would reiterate that it's good to start to submit code (start a pull
request) early, even before you have a working prototype, so that you can
get feedback as early as possible. This is good for any project, but doubly
so for a difficult project. Not getting feedback as early as possible would
be setting yourself up for failure.

Aaron Meurer

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAKgW%3D6%2BoW1jt5Ej8AdgOjVycxxFPQiKapjiOwgU4x36ptBAODg%40mail.gmail.com.