> So how do they deal with merge conflicts in the file? I don't want
> people to constantly be having to fix their branches because the
> release notes file has conflicts from another merge.

I don't know whether there is a good way to deal with this problem(merge
conflicts). I think " bug fixed " header(in the whatsnew file ) must have
sub-headers (means module names as sub-header like calculus, core ,
integral, solvers , etc ), so contributors will need to update the
respective sub headers only( in which issue/bug is related). This may
decrease the number of conflicts.

Also contributors must know how to handle the merge conflicts. I hope it
will not be the problem.

--
Shekhar

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/83fc13b5-76c4-4aaf-a013-6a438a09db9c%40googlegroups.com.