Hi Bhautik,

Quick thoughts:

NLP: How will your tagger, stemmer, and lemmatizer deal with mathematical
input? Is there any guarantee they won't trip over or mangle math
expressions? Will the lemmatizer deal with things like oo, inf, infinity,
unicode symbols, etc? I'm also not sure how regexes will convert the
sentence to a mathematical form. I don't imagine that user queries will
necessarily be a regular language. What happens when user input doesn't
match the SymPy function name? IHMO, an NLP proposal is going to need a lot
more detail - also remember that most of us are not familiar with NLP and
won't necessarily know how these things work.

Parsing: Can you clarify what you mean by a regular expression syntax tree?
I'm also not sure how precedence levels would help with the example of
parsing "sinx" to "sin x".

Symbol keyboard - looks good

Graphing: how do you plan to integrate IPython Notebook? Is it even
hostable on App Engine?

Support button: I'm not sure of the value of this, especially as we don't
have the manpower to run this. Isn't our Gitter a better place for such
discussion?

Design: do you have a mockup or specific improvements in mind? I'm wary of
just adding a CSS framework for the sake of it, especially as I see
Bootstrap and Materialize.css listed - these look and function quite
differently.

Pandas: I'm not sure how Pandas helps us with pickling. IIRC, Pandas has
efficient serialization to certain binary formats where the on-disk and
in-memory representation are similar to each other/the same. SymPy's issue
is that many objects simply do not pickle. I also doubt that SymPy Live
sessions count as big data.

Further functionality:

I'm not sure why a Gamma user would want different SymPy versions. I think
this would be much more useful for Live, and in that case would be one of
the highest-impact tasks you can do out of all of these - having SymPy Live
versions in sync with the documentation would be great.

IIRC, Django is basically only used for routing. It would be nice to make
Gamma more portable, but again, I think it would be more useful to have
SymPy Live be easier to deploy and more embeddable.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best,
David

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/1543e68c-c0c6-418c-9f91-90f1df6cc577%40googlegroups.com.