The GSoC org application period has started. The deadline is January 23rd.

Potential mentors, please add your name and email to this list
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/GSoC-2018-Ideas#potential-mentors.

Also, I would appreciate help editing and updating the ideas page.
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/GSoC-2018-Ideas.

Any help on the organization application would be appreciated too.
I've started it based on last year's here
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/GSoC-2018-Organization-Application.
Help updating the application template
(https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/GSoC-2018-Application-Template)
and student instructions
(https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/GSoC-2018-Student-Instructions)
as needed would be appreciated as well.

I won't have time this week to work on any of this. I'll hopefully be
able to do it next week.

If you are a student interested in applying, please look through the
ideas page and discuss them with us (in another thread). And be sure
to make note of the patch requirement. The earlier you get started on
that, the better.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAKgW%3D6J0KwvUMm50sEL47iDQc72WGDzF9K9Z_kzz9Dru7iQZ6A%40mail.gmail.com.