There are two common definitions of inverse Fourier transform depending on
how the frequency variable is interpreted. (See
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourier_transform#Other_conventions) The
stackexchange post is using the angular frequency ω that differs by the
factor 2π from frequency variable assumed by SymPy. The transforms are also
differently normalized. That may explain the differing results.

Kalevi Suominen

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/119a93ac-a193-49e6-92cf-6872ca99b2cc%40googlegroups.com.