I am starting the 1.2 branch for the release process.

If there are any blocking changes for the release, please make them
against this branch. Note that I'd like to have this release out by
scipy, so there isn't much time, so unless something is critical it
may be postponed if it doesn't have a fix right away.

I am compiling the release notes from the merged pull requests at
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/Release-Notes-for-1.2.  I should
have all the major changes listed when I'm finished. However, there
are quire a lot of changes, so I want to put the most important ones
at the top as highlights. I've put the ones I know are important
there, but if anyone feels a change should be highlighted, please add
it to the top. For future releases, we will be using an automated
release process (see https://github.com/sympy/sympy/pull/13584, I plan
on finishing this up after the release is out).

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAKgW%3D6K-vR7oo3ctJoxNtPUEVqfbdwARHghK3XGPzOnZbSdaEQ%40mail.gmail.com.