Unfortunately only "members" (those with merge access) can change the
labels on issues/PRs. I think that's just how Github works and cannot
be changed by us.

SymPy has used Easy-to-fix for some time but I note that Github now
suggests Good-first-issue in its hints. Rishik do you think that is a
better label to use?

I have seen a few cases where first time contributors have suggested
that "easy to fix" was misleading since they clearly did not find it
easy.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAHVvXxTOX%2BH%2BzvxYCAUs%2BRJg6fW60af-7mAPhP-wx6vE5%2Bbxhg%40mail.gmail.com.