> metric of the usability of solutions, or a notion of some solutions being
better than others.

Something that is now possible, thanks to @oscarbenjamin, is the ability to
extract connected items from a set. cf here
<https://github.com/sympy/sympy/issues/15441> and the issue mentioned there
(16299 <https://github.com/sympy/sympy/pull/16299>). It is somewhat related
to "usability".

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/81eba725-d77c-4e57-b4c0-cb718aa47977%40googlegroups.com.