On Thu, 2 May 2019 at 23:09, Ondřej Čertík <ond...@certik.us> wrote:

> Once we drop Python 2.7, we should experiment with using the type annotation
> and MyPy to statically check (eventually) the whole code base. I think this
> will find bugs, improve the development experience and make it much easier to
> understand from reading the code what kind of argument a function expects.

This would pick up bugs. It would also not be easy to introduce
because so many SymPy functions have inconsistent return types. I'm
not even sure what the full type spec for solve would be.

--
Oscar

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAHVvXxR7sbMKUa5ZpSLLqvkTJqTNAPONgoA9MZdKXPYL7B3j3Q%40mail.gmail.com.