Yeah, it would be nice to be able to do that. Unfortunately SymPy has
no notion of the derivative of an unapplied function. I'd like to have
a differential operator so you could do something like `D(sin) == cos`
etc. I believe there are some long-standing issues on Github about
this.

--
Oscar

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAHVvXxQ-7iEgovJtmqaNm_5rudpwc2vdMObYkRqV71u5PhjFSg%40mail.gmail.com.