So, basically you want `doit` not to evaluate certain expressions while
traversing the recursion. Isn't it? May be that isn't possible currently,
because for that, `evaluate` should be made a state of sympy object so
that, doit() can detect to leave it unevaluated but that would impact the
idea of doit(). You will have to set the evaluate attribute everytime you
want to call doit() to let it know whether that expression should be
touched or not.
Let's see if there is some better approach.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/9150e316-1eb3-453f-a7fd-6c37765b5ac7%40googlegroups.com.