Greetings everyone,

I am a third-year student at Birla Institute of Technology and Science,
Pilani pursuing a dual major in M.Sc Mathematics and B.E. Computer Science.
I have done the course on Abstract Algebra and have thoroughly studied it
from Gallian's Contemporary Abstract Algebra. I have tried implementing a
few computational algebraic algorithms from the Handbook of Computational
Group Theory and found out about SymPy while working on them. I have also
used the GAP library while working on the same.

I have been using python for the last 1.5 years implementing
graph-theoretical algorithms. I have been working on a python-based program
which helps in obtaining a rectangular dual from an input graph. I would
like to contribute in Computational Group Theory in Sympy. I aim to
implement the algorithms for quotient groups, automorphism groups and
subgroup intersection inspired by their implementation in the GAP library.
Further, I would also like to extend Divyanshu's work in polycyclic groups
and implement those functionalities as discussed in Handbook of
Computational Group Theory.

I look forward to contributing to this wonderful community this GSoC and
extend the group theory functionality of the combinatorics module.

Thank you!