Is the graph theory part needed to implement the stats ideas. In
general, graph theory is out of scope for SymPy (see
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/GSoC-2020-Ideas#non-ideas). If
some graph theory algorithms are required to do symbolics, that is
fine, but you should make that clear in the proposal.

Aaron Meurer