If you are implementing a graph thing that cannot be done by networkx
due to it's symbolic nature, then you should go into more detail about
what this will look like and what the implementation will be. Note
that if you simply mean edge or node labels, networkx lets you use any
Python object as a label, including SymPy expressions.

Also you should make it clear how the graph algorithms will enable
computations in statistics, not just the other way around. I don't
think we should have a graph of a markov chain just for the sake of
having it, but if if some statistical computation requires
constructing and computing something on a graph then it can make
sense.

Aaron Meurer