Just introducing myself, as I'm hoping to make some contributions soon.

I'm a postdoctoral fellow in quantum-information theory:
http://www.unm.edu/~jagross. I'm fairly familiar with python, having used
it on an almost-daily basis for my research since during my PhD (probably
started heavy use in 2014). My most fully developed public code is a
package for integrating ordinary and stochastic master equations:
https://github.com/CQuIC/pysme

My current primary interest with sympy is quaternions, particularly to get
symbolic Wigner D matrices (the currently available Euler-angle interface
for generating Wigner D matrices doesn't work very well when trying to work
with the icosians, for example).

I have amateur background in computer algebra, mostly from doing some
reading in John Harrison's "Handbook of practical logic and automated
reasoning". I even went so far as to try implementing some algebraic
routines for bosonic operators and tensor-product structure in haskell:
https://github.com/jarthurgross/symbolic-algebra

Work on abstract symbolic manipulation of quantum operators is something in
which I've been interested in the past, and probably will be again.

I use SymPy fairly regularly in my research workflow (having so far
resisted the lure of Mathematica). Expressions with complex variables are
things I use all the time, and I find the simplification routines leave a
lot to be desired in this case, but I often write my own simplification
routines to coerce SymPy into doing what I want.

I'm currently based in Québec, but my French is pretty rudimentary, so
English will be my primary language.

Look forward to getting to work!

Jonathan