Hi,

SymPy Gamma [1] and Live [2] runs on Google App Engine's Python 2 Runtime.
We currently have the ability to login in both of these apps via Google App
Engine's User's API that comes bundled with Python 2 runtime. [3]

Now, since as you all know Python 2 is no longer supported, we need to
migrate the Google App Engine's runtime to Python 3, to also upgrade
to latest version of SymPy. In Python 3 runtime, that users API doesn't
exists as it is, so we need to implement OAuth to support login after
migrating
to Python 3 [4] [5]

This solution requires us to use a web framework with OAuth plugin,
which requires a SQL Database, something like Cloud SQL, which
doesn't have a free monthly quota [6] and this will increase our monthly
cloud cost and also there is some effort required to implement that.
(Currently we use Cloud Datastore which is NoSQL database and
has a monthly free quota).

So, we are considering to get rid of the Login feature. The only utility
of the login feature at the moment is the user being able to see their
commands history and I checked the database, and there are a not a
lot of people using that feature.

So, here is the course of actions, we are thinking to take:

* Archive all users / their history, So that we can (by hand) give users
their history if they asked us.
* Port to the new platform, without login (at first).
* If there is high demand, we can work towards implementing the login and
database / pay more.
We don't know if it is worth it at this point, but either way, we can
decide this later anyway

[1] https://gamma.sympy.org/
[2] http://live.sympy.org/
[3] https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/python/users