Hi developers,

I am Aditya Saxena, a 2nd year ECE student at IIT BHU. I wish to contribute
to the SymPy community but I am new to SymPy and so to get a better
understanding of it, I was going through the tutorial as suggested in the
documentation. While going through it I noticed that the Integration
function is not giving out the 'constant term' in the output expression.

For example in the following code:

>>> from sympy import *
>>> x = symbols('x')
>>> a = Integral(cos(x)*exp(x), x)
>>> Eq(a, a.doit())

we get the output as:

Eq(Integral(exp(x)*cos(x), x), exp(x)*sin(x)/2 + exp(x)*cos(x)/2)

But I think it must also include a 'constant term' added to the above
expression. For single integral it is not significant but when some
computation is done which involves multiple integration it might give
incorrect answer and miss out on important terms. For example, in
continuation of above example if we write
>>> b=Integral(a,x)
>>> Eq(b,b.doit())

we get the output as
Eq(Integral(exp(x)*cos(x), x, x), exp(x)*sin(x)/2)

But the actual answer must also include the terms 'constant_1*x +
constant_2'.
As a Maths enthusiast, I believe that this is something which might be
missing in the SymPy library and could be incorporated to get better
results.
Please let me know if this could be incorporated or if it is deliberate.

Glad to connect

With regards
Aditya Saxena
B.Tech 2nd Year