Hi,

I am trying to do partial fractions involving a complex variable. I was
wondering if one can do this with sympy apart function. Below is the code
to attempt this but it does not return a decomposed expression.

from sympy import *
x, y, z = symbols('x, y, z')
s= symbols('s', complex=True, real=False)
num = s - 1
den = s**2 + 4*s + 13
apart(num/den)

The function (s**2 + 4*s+13) can be decomposed into 2 partial fractions
with denominators (s + 2 - j3) and (s + 2 + j3) where j is the sqrt(-1).

I am not sure if this functionality is not available or if I've missed out
a constraint or a step. I've certainly used sympy to do partial fractions
many times but the variables were real unlike this time.

Regards