> I, like you, am not a mathematician by training. Your training is in
engineering mine is in physics/chemistry. I do not claim to be cognizant of
all details necessary to generate completely general representations of
many mathematical operations.

If I have to apologize, I should be.
I would not want to see this thread contaminated by arguments by university
major, job experience, ...
and which makes the conversation toxic and look like a fallacy overall.