The controls package in SymPy should, at least at first, let you solve
linear control systems problems symbolically found in an introductory
control textbook. My recommendation is to try to solve all the problems in
a controls textbook with SymPy (at least the symbolically relevant ones)
and in the process you will find all kinds of bugs and desired features.

Jason
moorepants.info
+01 530-601-9791